Friday, August 4, 2017

5th Annual Valentine Tea


Happy Valentines Day! This year's Valentine Tea party had a royal, pastel, Parisian theme.












I always make sure to have bowls of candy on the table for the kids to enjoy before, during and after lunch. It's all about making this party a kid's wonderland.



I hung mini sparkly chandeliers from the chandelier.






These fluffy glass bird cages are some of my favorite new decorations. I think they are so frilly and charming!




I had recently bought these whimsical, ceramic animal head busts and installed them just in time for the party.






The tea cart made this party a proper tea party



A fancy dinosaur classed up the cart



In addition to the candy on the table, I also had shiny heart rings so everyone could choose one or two to wear at the party then take home as party favors.



I couldn't help but decorate the living room as well, just a little bit.


I got this adorable Shakespearean pop up book at Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon




The Menu 
Monte Cristo Pinwheels with Strawberry Preserve Dipping Sauce
Jam and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Vegetables and Dip
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Topped With Pop Rocks and Sprinkles
Fresh Raspberries 
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes 






The guests began to arrive!











After lunch, the kids had some fun with my Little Mermaid bubble wand I got in Disneyland in December. I had been so excited to show this to the kids, but I kept forgetting to bring it to Sunday dinner, so this turned out to be the perfect occasion to bring it out. It was a big hit.




Then we made valentines and watched the movie Storks. None of us had seen it before, turns out, it's a pretty hysterical movie.







Sweet, thoughtful Sammy made these super cute valentines for my two kitties, Dinah and Louis.



After the movie, we had the strawberry shortcake cupcakes for dessert.



The cupcakes were completely gluten free so sweet Evie could enjoy them with us


In addition to the heart rings and valentines, each guest got a chocolate rose to take home as they left the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment