Sunday, February 12, 2017

Carriage Ride and Laduree


Day two of our New York adventure was my actual birthday, I had officially turned 30! It was the most perfect day, I couldn't of asked for anything better. Our day started off with a carriage ride around central park. We had booked two carriages for our large party, and we had two amazing drivers, a father and a son.

Our ride lasted for an hour and we got to see the entire park and had locations were films had filmed scenes, such as the fountain from Enchanted and the bridge from Elf.













One of the many, many things I love about New York is the dogs. There are dogs everywhere, and quite of few of them are dressed up, this little buddy was strutting around wearing the heck out of it's purple sweater.





The day turned out to be a sunny, gorgeous day! It wasn't warm, it was actually freezing! But we were worried we might have another day full of rain, so we were thrilled to have blue skies.




We made one photo stop, where our cute drivers took a group photo of the whole fam






I always thought it would be quite the experience being a New York dog walker, I know I wouldn't mind having that job!







After our lovely drive through Central Park, we headed to Laduree for a lunch of sweets! We just about turned into sculptures of ice as we walked the few blocks to the bakery. Luckily, when we met up with Reece he had enough extra coats and layers to warm us all up! He is always so prepared!




I have always dreamed of going to Laduree, the mecca of French macarons, and I was so thrilled to finally be sitting down at one of their stylish little tables, and ordering some of their world famous macarons.






I wanted one of each of their pretty little boxes, it was hard to pick which one to actually get and fill with colorful cookies.








Bethy bought me this beautiful rose macaron birthday cake, isn't it the most perfect thing ever?!





These were the flavors I ended up with, my absolute favorite Strawberry marshmallow, blackberry currant, chocolate orange, rose, chocolate hazelnut and lemon.

This was definitely a day of dreams coming true, and they didn't stop at lunch! Next post is what we did that evening.. dinner at a castle and jack-o-lantern creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment