Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vivaldi by Candlelight


One of my favorite family Christmas traditions is going to the Vivaldi by Candlelight concert. It is held in the first Presbyterian Church down town and is put on by the Vivaldi Virtousi which is a group of selected members from the Utah Symphony, it is suburb! absolutely glorious! They always play plenty of selections from Vivaldi but also include numbers from other Baroque composers. It is such a wonderful and special experience that I look forward to every year. I love that this is a family tradition, its such a unique and wonderful experience that only a few people in Salt Lake know about.



























We just recently discovered that this wonderful church had these amazing stained glass windows on the side of it, they look marvelous all light up.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the performance. I love those windows too. As a frequent performer on Easter Sunday in First Presbyterian Church, I always notice the stained glass windows all lit up as the eastern sun blazes in.

    Ron Beitel

    ReplyDelete